1. The washing. My goodness, the washing. How does somebody so small generate so much laundry?!
2. Everything I own has a little bit of vomit on it now.
3. The love I immediately had for him was unconditional and irrational and visceral and fully complete.
4. It is surprisingly easy to switch from “playtime Dad voice” to “serious lawyer voice” in mere seconds.
5. You spend more time than you would think on your hands and knees every day looking for dummies and teethers and lost socks.
6. How he can wake up every hour from midnight to 5am but somehow when he smiles at me at 7am the room will brighten and all is forgotten.
7. It’s possible to attend relatively serious (Teams) meetings with vomit on one’s shirt but still project credibility.
8. I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world (though I would pay a handsome sum for a good night’s sleep).